One week Photography Experiences on Land and Sea at Mandarin, Oludeniz Lagoon (Faralya).
In 2015 the tour is operated weeks 11-18 May and 21-28 September 2015.
You wish to understand more about photography, to improve your skills as you explore and discover beautiful land and seascapes and many fascinating subject to picture ? Here then our special photography weeks in Faralya near the Oludeniz lagoon.
They are run by Nicholas Fischer, who has recently retired from his commercial career, but retains a passion for the photographic image. Over the course of his photographic career, Nicholas has not only worked for a diverse range of prestigious clients including Janet Reger, the Royal Horticultural Society, Allied Breweries and Boeing, but also displayed his work at exhibitions at the Design Centre London, the Barbican Gallery and the Chelsea and Hampton Court Flower Shows, to name but a few. Perhaps more importantly, Nicholas has also worked as a part-time lecturer in photography at Nottingham University and Manchester Metropolitan University, so he has experience in sharing his knowledge of, and passion for, photography.
Our photography package consist of five full-day tutorials, each dedicated to a different theme, and one full day at leisure. The tutorial days start with a photographic briefing at 09:30, allowing enough time for a leisurely breakfast, before departing the hotel around 10:30 by minibus in pursuit of suitable subject matter. We return to Mandarin by 16:30 in time for afternoon tea, and reconvene around 18:00 for a critique of the images taken, with plenty of opportunity for further discussion over dinner.
The themes covered include:
1. Landscapes - A minibus excursion taking in dramatic mountain scenery, the beautiful gorge at Saklikent and the vast beach and sand dunes at Patara.
2. Seascapes - A boat trip from Oludeniz along the coast to the stunning Butterfly Valley and around Gemiler Island with its Lycian ruins on the shore line.
3. Archaeology - We visit the ancient site of Pinara with its impressively amphitheatre and the atmospheric "Ghost Village" of Kaya.
4. Life and People - A trip to the vibrant harbour town of Fethiye with its colourful market and bustling harbour front.
5. Nature and Panorama - We explore the unspoilt countryside around Mandarin, capturing the sweeping vistas and taking close-up shots of the local flora.
Equipment required : Basic digital camera with manual override system, basic tripod or camera support, polarizing filter.
The October Photography Weeks run concurrent with our Turkish Cuisine Weeks, so these are ideal for couples where one wishes to take part in the photography classed and the other in the cookery demonstrations.
- Transfer from/to the Dalaman airport or port of Fethiye
- Accommodation (7 nights) on halfboard basis in Mandarin Boutique Hotel
- 5 days photography tours (including minivan transfers and coaching) as detailed in the program
- Flight and or ferry tickets,
- Drinks and personal expenses
1089,- EUR per person
Price may change depending the period of the year and number of passengers.
The given price is per person in double deluxe room. For those accompanying yet not joining the photography sessions, the price will be reduced by 130€. If yet, you will join a photographer yet want to join the cookery course, a reduction of 20€ will be granted (price difference between photography and cookery programs). For stays in other periods or longer stays, for more services please do not hesitate to contact. The Mandarin Boutique Hotel applies the \"Adults only\" policy
Both in Turkey and Greece, winters may be cold and summers hot. On the other hand, you will most probably be visiting archaeological sites with more or less walking difficulties. Hence an adapted outfit is recommended :
Do not forget !
Visiting archaeological site may require good physical conditions and access to people with reduced mobility is not always possible. During visits and stops, the buses will be locked and under the supervision of the driver. Hence, if you wish, you can leave some personal belongings in the bus yet at your own responsibility. If not done at subscription, inform your tour guide as soon as you get on the coach about your specific food requirements so that the restaurant booked for lunch can be informed accordingly in due time.