A program to discover Istanbul, Cappadocia, Antalya, Ephesus, Pamukkale and Bergama. This program can easily be combined with a program from/to Greece.
Upon arrival in Istanbul, transfer to your hotel and time at leisure.
If you wish to get already acquainted with this metropolis, you may consider to join a "Dining Out the Turkish Way" evening program (not included in the price).
Join a group to visit the highlights of Istanbul : the Hagia Sophia Museum, the Blue Mosque, the Topkapi Palace, the Hippodrome, the Covered Bazaar.
- The Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and the Topkapi Palace on Tuesdays. They are then replaced by the visit of the Chora Museum.
- The visit of the Harem (within the Topkapi Palace) is not included in the program
- On Sundays the covered bazaar is closed and then replaced by the Egyptian / Spice bazaar.
In the morning, cruise on the Bosphorus : During this half day tour, you will stroll the winding streets of the Egyptian/Spice bazaar and enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus.
Free afternoon, yet possibility to join some aternative tours in Istanbul such as :
- On Mondays afternoon only : discover the Covered Bazaar, an architectural and historical approach to this shopping mall
- Every afternoon : learn everything about Turksih coffee by joining the "Coffee Trail" program
http://www.bluegetravel.com/tour/wa05-dolmabahe- Any day but Monday and Thursday : after the Topkapi, a logical continuity as you will visit the Palace of Dolmabahce
Time at leisure till transfer to the airport for flight to Cappadocia.
Upon landing, transfer to your hotel and overnight.
If you are early birds and wish to join a sunrise hot air balloon ride, this can be arranged at the price of 105,- Euro per person (not included in the program price).
Tour to Goreme : Today we will discover some of the Cappadocia landscapes and the top highlight ie, the open air museum of Goreme : churches and monasteries covered with frescoes.
You still have the possibility to join a sunrise hot air balloon ride if you did not go on day 4.
Tour to Kaymakli : Among our visits today : more valleys, typical villages and the most representative underground city Kaymakli.
Day at leisure in Cappadocia yet with the option to join an extra tour :
- Hike in the Ihlara valley
- Horse back ride
- Excursion - on private basis - to Konya and/or Çatalhöyük, one of the first "cities" in history !
At the end of the day, transfer to the airport and fight to Antalya. Transfer to your hotel and overnight.
Note : Direct flights from Cappadocia to Antalya are operted only one day per week. If this will not correspond with your program, we will book a flight via Istanbul unless you would prefer an overnight bus...
Meeting with the tour guide at your hotel and depart for the "Perge, Aspendos, Kursunlu" tour, a blend of culture and fun at the refreshing waterfalls of Kursunlu.
Overnight in Antalya.
We will enjoy a relaxing day as we cruise along the Mediterranean coast and pine forests... Sit back, swim, enjoy, relax !
After return to your hotel, you will be met by your driver for your transfer to the airport.
Flight to Istanbul, transfer to your hotel and free evening.
Day at leisure in Antalya or possibility to join any of the extra tours below :
- Jee safari around Mount Taurus,
- Visit more of the archaeological sites in the area, yet on private basis : Termessos, Olympos and the Chimeira, Demre & Myra, Phaselis...
Day 11 : Kusadasi (B,L)
After a drive of approx. 3 hours, we will reach Pamukkale, the archaeological site of Hierapolis an the chalk terraces.
Enjoy the visit of Hierapolis, a walk on the terraces before you will enjoy free time to swim in the "antique pool" (access not included in the price).
At the end of the tour, as the group will return to Antalya, you will be transferred to the bus station to drive to Kusadasi (approx. 3 hour drive). Upon arrival, you will be met by your driver who will bring you to your hotel.
With an English speaking cosmopolite group, we will go on tour to the Ephesus and area and visit the Shrine of Virgin Mary, the archaeological site of Ephesus and the Artemision, temple dedicated to Artemis/Diana.
After lunch, we will shown and explained everything about a typical and century old Turkish craft : carpet weaving.
Day at leisure or possibility to join a group excursion to :
- Priene, Miletos and Didyma, three interesting and famous archaeological sites (hard climbing to access Priene !)
- Bergama, the city with the steepest theater and one of the Seven Churches of Revelation.
Both these tours are only organized on Wednesday during summer season. For other days or out of summer season, these tours can only be operated on private basis.
Day at leisure or possibility to :
- Take a day tour to the Greek island of Samos
- Fly to Istanbul and spend an extra day in the metropolis
- Attend - on a private basis - any of the excursions above (Priene, Miletos, Didyma or Bergama)
Time at leisure till transfer to the airport for home flight (meeting at your hotel will be 3 hours prior to take-off).
- All accommodation on Bed & Breakfast basis in 4* or boutique hotels
- All pick-up services
- All excursions – on group basis (unless otherwise specified in the program), with English speaking tour guide, entrance fees and lunch included
- If/when mentioned in a program, intercity bus tickets
- Visa fee to enter Turkey which can be obtained online at www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
- Drinks and any other personal expenses
- Personal travel insurances (theft, loss of belongings, cancellation, health...)
- International and domestic flights
- Any other service which has not been stated as included above or in the program description
1398,- EUR per person
Price may change depending the period of the year and number of passengers.
This proposed tour is a typical round trip yet it can be revised as per your interests, wishes, budget... Due to closure days of some monuments and/or air schedules the program may need to be re-arranged accordingly. Prices will be revised according to the requested services The price quote fr this typical tour is based on a party of 4 adults sharing two double rooms. Possible extras : - All services on private basis - Extra tours in the evening (folklore shows, dinner cruises, Whirling Dervishes ceremonies... - Higher hotel category - Other choice of tours - Single use rooms and/or additional beds - Guidance in other language than English (depending the language, a supplement may be charged) - Replace the organized daily tours by a rental car - Private driver during the complete program (no air tickets needed then) General Comments : - On the day by day description, the included meals will be indicated as per below : B = Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner (Example : B,L,D) - For further information about this program, please contact us using the request for below - For bigger parties or groups, please contact us for your quotation.
Both in Turkey and Greece, winters may be cold and summers hot. On the other hand, you will most probably be visiting archaeological sites with more or less walking difficulties. Hence an adapted outfit is recommended :
Do not forget !
Visiting archaeological site may require good physical conditions and access to people with reduced mobility is not always possible. During visits and stops, the buses will be locked and under the supervision of the driver. Hence, if you wish, you can leave some personal belongings in the bus yet at your own responsibility. If not done at subscription, inform your tour guide as soon as you get on the coach about your specific food requirements so that the restaurant booked for lunch can be informed accordingly in due time.